Review: Mug Meals: Delicious Microwave Recipes

Mug Meals: Delicious Microwave Recipes Mug Meals: Delicious Microwave Recipes by Dina Cheney
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This cookbook was a ton of fun. I always look at the "mug meals" and roll my eyes, because really. But this had some awesome ideas, and even suggested making them in a bowl, which makes more sense to me.
The recipes are all simple, but sound wicked tasty. The pictures were bright and appealing, and showed what the recipe would look like, not a picture perfect image (think drips down the side).
Many of the meals in the lunch & dinner sections would work best for putting together lunch/dinner out of leftovers since they require pre-cooked foods like rice or noodles, but still a great section. My favorites were breakfast (I always seem to make eggs explode though) and dessert (duh). There were meals that would appeal to a variety of tastes, including picky eaters like me.
From the title you would think that this was one of the books aimed at college students, but I don't think it really is. Since many of the meals rely on precooked items (like the rice) it really is more useful for using up leftovers. Or if you're in a household of one or two and end up with extras from making a meal. That being said, I think this is a very useful cookbook and had some great ideas. I'm planning to use it as a jumping off point for a teen cooking class.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Usage Rights

DesignBlog BloggerTheme comes under a Creative Commons License.This template is free of charge to create a personal blog.You can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.But You must keep the footer links Intact.